Continuing our series on the “Dirty Dozen,” we’re taking on Fluoranthene: There is a a lot of information and data concerning the toxicity of PAHs in humans. But if we take a peek under the all inclusive term PAH, what do we have?
- The effect of toxins on your body
- How to avoid them
- The actual toxic load you carry, and how to begin the process of elimination and detoxification.
What Glows in the Dark?:
Fluoranthene is another member of the polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon club. It is not as stable as some of the other PAHs, its presence suggests less efficient or lower temperature combustion. It has not been classified as a carcinogen, but that is solely due to a lack of data, not a lack of suspect
A PAH, you may recall from our earlier Dirty Dozen post, is a compound that is released into the air and environment by incomplete burning. Mostly, they come from:
- vehicle exhaust
- forest fires
- cigarette smoke
- barbecued foods
Where is Fluoranthene Used?Obviously in the manufacture of florescence, but it is also used in pharmaceuticals and agrochemicals which is how it seeps into our environment and bodies.
No News is Not Good News
Fluoranthene has been shown to cause cancer in experimental animals, but there have not been any studies of the effects on humans in either acute exposure cases of chronic exposure. Encouraging further study so that the public can have fair knowledge is important. In the meanwhile:
- don’t smoke
- avoiding PAHs in general by reducing excessive bar-b-cueing and smoke inhalation
- visit our website to learn more about which fish and vegetables are safest to consume.
Once you know the levels of toxicity in your body we can formulate an in depth program to cleanse, support, and strengthen your whole body: after all you don’t work in parts, why should your health program? Call today to make an appointment. Feel better now. Remember:
Your Body Can’t Clear Toxins Normally
It is important to understand how the body clears environmental toxins, pollutants, and chemicals. In our bodies this happens primarily in the liver. For an in depth look at how this happens click on this link: Liver Detoxification .
However, although the liver has hundreds of enzymes to clear many compounds, it still does not have enough to clear everything out of your body. And, unfortunately, many of the most common and most toxic environmental compounds can not be cleared by the liver.
What Happens When the Liver Doesn’t Clear These Toxins, Pollutants and Chemicals?
They become lodged in the body and activate inflammation and disrupt the immune system. This can lead to chronic pain and inflammation, cancer growth and autoimmunity.
Recent research has led us to discover several important ways that your body deals with exposure to these toxins. We offer testing and natural treatment to reduce the damage that they cause and to help dramatically reduce the damage that these compounds can cause.
Toxic Chemicals Affect the Body in the Following Ways:
1. They deplete glutathione – the body’s most important anti-oxidant.
2. They initiate inflammation, cancer and auto-immune disease through a signaling system in your DNA called NF-Kappa B.
3. They clog your liver and make the liver work harder at clearing toxins and they make liver detoxification not work as well.
4. They cause leaky gut syndrome.
5. They lead to loss of chemical tolerance and multiple food allergies and sensitivities to chemicals, smells and things that never used to bother you (which some researchers think may be the beginning of auto-immune disease).
At Green Health Acupuncture we offer diagnostic testing to determine the extent of the problems mentioned above, we offer diet, herbal and nutritional supplements that help clear these toxins out of your system and to lessen the damage that they do to your body. Call today to set up an appointment: 310-831-2202
To find out if you have been exposed to high levels of toxins that may be adversely affecting your health Green Health Acupuncture offers a personalized solution to reduce the inflammatory process caused by these toxins and to get you on the road to better health.